Friday, October 24, 2008

Out of the Mouths of Babes

Well, as expected, Catherine said Dada first! Oh well. But I'm still saying her first word was "hey" so Chris can put a sock in it. ;)

As we were walking out the door this morning, Jack was putting on his raincoat with all the buckles going the wrong way. he says, "Mom, I can't do it. I'm fruss-rated." We get it all on the right way, get everyone latched into the car, crank the engine, and Nothing. A light had been left on overnight. Jack, I'm fruss-rated too. 

We finally make it to school and back home again. We left our raincoat there unfortunately. It was sprinkling so we got a wee bit damp. As soon as we get in the door, Jack strips to his underwear. "I got a little wet so I need to take off my clothes." Luckily, the cleaning friends weren't offended. As I'm apologizing to them for my nearly nude son, he says "Shhhh!!!! Mom!!! Don't tell them!!" then really loud, "But I left my socks on!!!!" He then got out Chris's stethoscope and checked their hearts. Are you going to be a doctor like your dad, Jack? "Well," he says, "I already am one because I have all the tools. Being a doctor is realllllllllllllly easy, you know!" He kind of got stuck on that part because he repeated it over and over. Be sure and tell Da Da that when he gets home.

The house is clean, my car is working but I'm not really comfortable taking it out with kiddos on a rainy day, I don't have a lot of work to do, and Catherine won't nap but won't stop crawling either! Plus, Jack wants to practice boxing on Catherine's johnny jump up. Hmmmm. So what's something fun and maybe a little safer to do with them, preferably on the floor so I can just stay put for a sec? A puzzle! "Mom, did you know I'm an expert at puzzles?" Well, of course I did, son. "Any time you learn something that means you're an expert. So I'm an expert at egg cracking, throwing and puzzles." Great! That will come in handy tomorrow when I make 4 dozen deviled eggs for the 120th SHPC Birthday BBQ tomorrow. ha ha :)

Also out of his mouth today was his "lucky tooth." He got into the fair taffy while I tending to Catherine. Out came the crown." Not much you can do about that at 4 on a Friday, so we'll get it fixed Monday morning. Sigh. 

Just another day in the Shapley Household!


No comments: