"No, Jack. I didn't know that. How do you talk possum?"
"Like this...{Insert squawking sound here}"
"Wow!!!! That was awesome. What did you say?"
"I said, 'Heeeeey, Possum. See ya' Later. I'm going to school!"
"How did you learn to talk Possum, Jack?"
"Well, ya know, Mom, It's kinda like when you talk 'Bad chicken.'"
***********************************
The possum is free. Chris let him go somewhere far away from our house. Jack was very concerned about where the possum would live now.
"Can we see him in the woods?" he asked.
"Probably not, Jack. It's not really safe to go in the woods," Chris explained.
Jack turns to me, "Mom, are you brave to go into the woods?"
"Not really, buddy."
"I'll protect you, Mom. You can hold my hand. We have to go in the morning and go REALLY fast so it doesn't get night and.....well, maybe we can just see him from far away. That would be a good idea."
***********************************
Chris opened the cage and the dumb possum just sat there so he left it there for awhile so that maybe it would eventually leave. It did. Shew.
"Dad, where are you going?"
"I'm going to check to see if the possum went home to his family."
"Ok. Can I give it a hug?"
"I don't think so. Possums don't really like hugs"
"Yeah. He might make that {insert hissing sound} at me again. Maybe I could just pet him."
No comments:
Post a Comment