Monday, November 2, 2009

HOMER!

I feel like I needed to post this prior to any Halloween pictures. A little disclaimer, if you will. At Jack's school, there is a bear named Homer. He goes home every weekend with a lucky kid who is the envy of all his classmates. You take Homer with you wherever you go, dress him up in Sunday clothes for church, pj's at bedtime, a Halloween costume for Trick or Treating, etc. Don't worry. I didn't have to purchase any clothes because Homer has a monogrammed suitcase as big as any adult's overnight bag filled to the brim with clothes. And he also comes with a huge scrapbook for "the family" (read: mom) to put together on Sunday Night for storytime on Monday. When I say it's pretty elaborately done, that is an understatement. I took a photo of my page to show you, and it is mediocre by K5 standards. Sadly, this did not bode well for my self-esteem as a designer.

If Jack were a girl, this might be cute. Even fun. However, I felt the need to explain to you (and every other person we encountered this weekend) why my five year old son was carrying around a teddy bear.
Jack & Homer.
He was so excited to have his turn.

My Scrapbook page.

Homer, etc

1 comment:

amarble said...

wow he does have a huge suitcase!!!

the kiddos r too cute in their costumes!